HARDI ALPHA – Updated Evo ll cab provides more comfort and class 4 safety norms2 March 2017
To match the farmers’ need of a comfortable and high visibility cabin, HARDI introduced the self-developed Evo ll cabin for the self-propelled sprayer range. With 3 pillar design, a vision of 318° and a glass area of 6.58 m², the Evo ll cab makes the day to day work less stressful.
Higher driver safety and comfort: Class 4 category
The self-propelled sprayer range, ALPHA Evo, will be equipped with a cab responding to the safety norm EN-15695, on orders from March 2017. The cabin is equipped with a pressurisation system, a fresh air dust filtering system, an aerosol and vapour filter to protect the driver and fulfil the class 4 requirements:
- The class 4 air filter must be stored into a hermetic bag while the machine is not used; otherwise its lifetime is reduced. To avoid this, HARDI’s engineering team has implemented a lid to close the filter box hermetically when the class 4 filter is not in use. A possibility to switch off the class 4 filtration while driving on the road has also been implemented.
- To avoid misting caused by humidity in the cab; the ALPHA’s air condition system has been oversized to dry up a higher volume of air per minute.
The Evo ll cab gets a new air condition system for highest comfort
HARDI has upgraded the air condition system of the ALPHA Evo ll. The performance has been tested in a climate room where extreme weather conditions were simulated (temperatures, humidity and irradiating) to cover all driving conditions in Denmark, Germany, France or Australia. This new air condition system can reduce the inside cab temperature from 40°C to 28°C within 5 min. with the same irradiating conditions as in Australia.
To be able to do this the air flow capacity has been increased by 38%, which results in a very low noise level due to lower fan rpm.
The new Evo ll cab gets new features
- A new steering column brings a triple adjustment to reduce driver stress while driving
- A new display bracket gives the driver full flexibility in positioning the operating screen. An extra bracket can be supplied to allow even more position options.
- A foot rest has been added to the left-hand side of the steering column; allowing the driver to easily maintain his position in slope and reduce fatigue by less effort and stress.
The new ALPHA air suspension: FloatRide
To allow even more comfort on uneven terrain, HARDI has added pneumatic airbag suspension to the ALPHA Evo. By equipping the ALPHA with the optional FloatRide, the standard coil spring suspension is replaced by airbags. This ensures even more boom stability and maintains balance of the ALPHA in strong slope. The chassis’ height will be maintained whatever tank volume. By allowing individual wheel movement, the ALPHA provides a maximum comfort, even at high spraying speeds through a wheel travel of 185 mm.
To ensure the needed amount of air, an extra air tank of 8 litres has been implemented to the suspension system.